Monday, June 04, 2007

Another Adventure


HELLO FRIENDS!!
We've survived another winter here in New England. Lots of cold and lots of snow... enough said. Sunshine and green grass are a very refreshing sight! Yes, that means spring for us. And with spring comes change. This includes yours truly.

BACK TO AFRICA
As of July 6, I will be heading back to South Africa for 3 months to continue working with our project - Ten Thousand Homes. My time there will be spent helping to shape and define the future of our mission there. I will also be spending a significant amount of time developing our network of relationships with our partners on the ground, as we look at the possibility of expanding and partnering into other African nations like Malawi, Zambia, and Mozambique. Of course, I will continue to be a part of building homes and care centers for needy families and communities - specifically for those directly effected by HIV/AIDS.
This is just a continuation of the journey God has moved me towards in regard to the orphan and the widow, especially in the context of Africa. There are moments when the peace and confidence escape me, but I have come to the conclusion that peace and confidence are not criteria for guidance. The orphan and the widow is where God seems to be moving, so rather than invent my own "mission", I'd rather be found where God is already moving. Make no mistake, God is on the move among the orphan and widow. In the words of Mother Theresa, "We find Christ in the distressing disguise of the poor."

THEN WHAT?
Upon my return in late September, I will be going on the road sharing about Ten Thousand Homes in churches, universities, and various other groups about what God is dreaming for Africa. Our prayer is that we will help to remove the disconnect between what is seen and what is done for Africa. Just the same we hope to be a significant doorway thru which people may have a meaningful effect on the lives of the children of Africa. If you are interested in having myself or one of our team members come and share about Ten Thousand Homes, please contact me.

PLANE TICKET
I am still raising the funds for the plane ticket. If you are interested in giving toward this, please contact me. The total airfare is $2000 and all gifts are tax deductible.

THANK YOU:
I just want to tell each of you how much I appreciate your friendship, support, and prayers. Without a doubt, I could not do this you - nor would I want to. Thank you for believing in me, this mission, and the dream of God for Africa - giving a place for people to belong.

Your Friend,
Dave Henry

1 comment:

Sweden & beyond.. said...

Awesome video Dave!
Thanks for posting it. So glad for what you are doing in the world to make a difference.
Rob
P.S. Don't forget to pace yourself :-) hehheh